It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with this Agreement prior to allowing our technician to begin work. Allowing our technician to commence service constitutes acceptance of this Agreement in its entirety.
- Estimates remain valid for 7 days. Any payment by customer (be it deposit, parts and/or labor, etc.) constitutes acceptance of the estimate and agreement to all of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- All appointments are set, based on earliest availability, between 9am-7pm. We will assign a 2 hours window for the arrival of the technician. Part installation appointments will not be scheduled until part(s) have arrived.
3. Service Call Fee
- A customer can request a service call to the job by a qualified technician. It will be billed from the time technician leaves office to travel to the job and the time required to analyze the problem (not including the repair).
- Our service call fee is $79 plus HST, which covers technicians visit to your location, diagnostic of your appliance and providing an estimate of repair.
- A service call fee will also be charged in cases where customer does not wish to proceed with the job for whatever reason (e.g., it costs more to repair the unit than it’s worth). It will be waived if customer decides to accept our quote, pay deposit and have us perform the job.
- A service call fee is non-refundable. The customer will be responsible for the service call fee if the problem is caused, or possibly caused by a source other than the appliance itself: installations issues, plumbing issue, electrical issues, venting duct clogged or any other issue not related to the appliance. Customer shall provide suitable parking.
4. Repair Costs
- The repair cost is based on the job, not on the time the repair takes to perform.
- Service Call Fee does not cover repair costs.
- To cancel an appointment, customer must call no later than 12 hours before scheduled service time. Cancellation fee of $79 + HST will be billed to customers who cancel late, cannot be reached or are not at home at the scheduled service time. Call as soon as possible if you cannot keep an appointment. Leave a message if we do not answer immediately.
6. Completed Repair
- The repair is considered completed if the customer paid for it in full and/or signed the acceptance form. Payment of services in full will also indicate the customer has reviewed and tested the appliance and the service is completed to their satisfaction. We offer no refunds on completed or ongoing repairs.
7. Liability Release
- Customer agrees to release Crown Appliance Repairs and its owners, employees and technicians from any and all liability, express and implied, arising out of damages and expenses of any kind resulting from repair of customer’s appliance(s).
8. Customer Responsibilities
- Somebody 18 years of age or older must be present at time of service.
- Customer must have a valid form of payment readily available at all times during the technician’s scheduled visit. We do not accept cheques.
- Technician must have unrestricted easy access to the appliance, without interference from children, pets and other distractions.
- Customer shall not smoke cigarettes near technician.
- All work will be paid for upon completion of job.
- All amounts overdue will incur a late fee that is calculated and compounded monthly at the average bank of Canada rate plus 3% or 48% per annum (whichever is lower) is payable on that amount and accrues during the period beginning on the due date and ending on the day before the day on which payment is received.
- You agree to pay all collection expenses including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees.
- Our standard install charge covers removal and/or installation of an appliance, without the need to disturb/remove any other fixture.
- Repair or modification of gas, water, ventilation or electrical systems is not included.
- We do not verify regulatory compliance of such systems; it is the customer’s sole responsibility.
- Installation charge quoted does not include cost of materials such as vent hoses, water lines, gas lines, hoses, fittings, etc.
- If a second person is required to install an appliance (e.g., stacked washer and dryer), such additional person will be billed extra.
- Service call fee will be charged if installation cannot proceed during scheduled time.
- We only use original OEM parts. If the parts we use fail during warranty period, we will pay for replacement parts. If parts fail due to normal wear and tear outside of the warranty period, we will charge our regular rate for replacement parts and labor. Shipping or handling of parts is non-refundable. Electrical or special-order parts cannot be returned.
- We are not responsible for any work that is not performed by us, even if a customer followed our recommendations.
- Our 180-day warranty covers only the same problem that we attempted to repair. It does not cover any other problems, repairs performed by others or if malfunction was not because of our errors (e.g., weather damage, pests).
- This warranty is exclusive to customer and cannot be transferred to anyone else. Void in case of improper appliance usage, maintenance and relocated appliances.
- A service call will be charged if service technician is dispatched more than once to address the same warranty issue but cannot find a defect or it turns out to be outside of warranty.
- We reserve the right to decide whether it is best to not offer a warranty. If our technician investigates the malfunction(s) and finds secondary issue(s) unrelated to the workmanship performed by our technician, we will and provide you with a quote on the cost(s) associated with the repair.
- No refund will be issued on labor or parts already provided. Partial refunds can be offered at our discretion. No warranty on damage caused by external problems or interference by anyone else (other than our technicians) sensing or tampering with the repair.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- We shall not be liable for any amounts that exceed our service fees collected from the customer. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY TO THESE TERMS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- This repair will be made for due consideration. I confirm that this repair will be paid for by the manufacturer warranty / extended warranty / service agreement.
- I agree that my liability for the cost of this repair is not waived and agree to be personally responsible for the cost of this repair in the event the manufacturer / service contract company / extended warranty provider fails to pay any portion of the full amount of these charges based on warranty limitations (it is your responsibility to families with the manufacture/ extended warranty / service agreement warranty limitation), or if the warranty provider fails to pay any portion of the full amount of these charges based on warranty limitations, or if the warranty provider fails to make payment.
- In the event that I am directly billed for all or a portion of the cost of this repair, I agree that I will remit said charges within 10 days of the billing date, as well as the reasonable cost of collection, including any attorney fees.
16. Damage Waivers
We are not responsible if damage is caused by:
- Moving the appliance. Technician is not required to move the appliance but, if he or she agrees to do it for you, we cannot be held liable for resulting damages.
- Water leaks. You understand the risks inherent in working on appliances connected to building’s plumbing system. Accordingly, we shall not be liable for unintended leakage and flooding.
- Defective cooling.
- Lifting glass cook top to access parts under it can result in breakage for which we will not be liable.
17. Refusal of Service
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone using our reasonable discretion, particularly in cases of disrespectful or disruptive customers, danger to technician. A service call fee can be charged for services refused due to customer’s fault.
18. Payment Methods
- Please note we only accept Credit Cards and Visa/ MasterCard Debit.
- We accept the following: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
- We do not accept cheques.
19. Refunds and Credit Card/ Debit Card Chargebacks
- All transactions/ transfers/ sales/ parts and services are final unless otherwise authorized in official writing by a manager or a supervisor.
- Otherwise no returns are authorized.